Mannheim Law & Economics Forum (MaLEF)
- May 4, 2017: Prof. Andrew Daughety and Prof. Jennifer Reinganum (Vanderbilt Law School) - Title: "Information Suppression by Teams and Violations of the Brady Rule", from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m., Location: Seminar Room 1 (ZEW).
The law and economics movement has been a long-time success story of interdisciplinary research. One major challenge for collaboration is to maintain an ongoing exchange of ideas between lawyers and economists. The Mannheim Law & Economics Forum (MaLEF) offers a venue for such discourse as part of the Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation at the University of Mannheim and the ZEW. It brings outstanding scholars to a truly interdisciplinary audience of both lawyers and economists to discuss current research in law and economics.
The series takes place once a month during term, typically on Thursday (in coordination with the Mannheim Competition Policy Forum (MCPF)).
For all announcements please feel free to subscribe to our newsletter - just click HERE!
- March 23, 2017: Prof. Dr. Jaka Cepec (University of Ljubljana) - Title: "Debt Recovery in Firm Liquidations: Do Liquidation Trustees Matter?", from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m., Location: Heinz-König-Hall (ZEW)
- February 23, 2017: Dr. Toshiaki Yamanaka (University of Tokyo) - Title: "Liabilites and Remedies of Directors and Officers: A Comparative Perspective", from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m., Location: Schloss Westflügel, W214.
- September 22, 2016: Prof. Dr. Emanuel V. Towfigh (EBS University Law School) - Title: "Are direct-democratic procedures more acceptable than political representation? Experimental survey evidence from Germany", from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m., Location: Schloss Westflügel, W214.
- September 29, 2016: Prof. Dr. Stefan Magen, M.A. (Ruhr University Bochum) - Title: "On the economic analysis of plublic law: peculiaries, prospects, and pathways", from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m., Location: Schloss Westflügel, W214.
- Nov 5, 2015: Paul Schempp (Max Planck Institute, Bonn) - Title: "Regulatory Arbitrage and Systemic Liquidity Crises", from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m., Location: L7, 3-5, S031.
- Oct 1, 2015: Redis Zaliauskas (Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)) - Title: "Assessing the possibilities and limitations of disclosure empirically", from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m., Location: L7, 3-5, S031.
- May 13, 2015: Prof. Hodaka Morita (University of New South Wales) - Title: "An Economic Model for Structures of the Legal Profession", from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m., Location: EW 145.
- March 26, 2015: Prof. Emanuela Carbonara (University of Bologna) - Title: "De Jure Determinants of New Firm Formation: How the Pillars of Constitutions Influence Entrepreneurship", from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m., Location: EW159.
- Dec 4, 2014: Prof. Dr. Giancarlo Spagnolo (Universtiy of Rome) - Title: "Leniency and Damages", from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m. Location: Schloss Ehrenhof West, EW148.
- Nov 13, 2014: Prof. Dr. Yolande Hiriart (Université de Franche-Comté, CRESE) - Title: tba, from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m. Location: Schloss Ehrenhof West, EW148.
- Sep 25, 2014: Prof. Dr. Yun-chien Chang (Institutum Iurisprudentiae, Academia Sinica, Taiwan) - Title: "Anchoring Effects in Real Lititgation: An Empirical Study" from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m. Location: Schloss Ehrenhof West, EW148.
- May 22, 2014: Prof. Alexander Stremitzer (UCLA School of Law) - Title: tba. from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m. Location: Palace, Room EW154.
- April 10, 2014: Prof. Dr. Claudine Desrieux (Université de Paris II, CRED) - Title: "To litigate or not to litigate? The impacts of third-party financing on litigation" from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m. Location: ZEW, Room 1.
- March 27, 2014: Prof. Dr. Fernando Gómez Pomar (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona) - Title: "Product Liability Versus Reputation" from 5:15 till 6:30 p.m. Location: Kaiserring 10-12, Room 501.
- Oktober 10, 2013: Prof. Rosa Ferrer (Universitat Pompeu Fabra) - Title: "Gender Gaps in Performance - Evidence from Young Lawyers"
- September 19, 2013: Prof. Dr. Jochen Bigus (Freie Universität Berlin) - Title: "Reputation Effects in Auditor Liability under Vague and Precise Negligence"
- May 23, 2013 Prof. Claude Fluet, Ph.D. (Université du Québec à Montréal) - Title: The Role of Social Image Concerns in the Design of Legal Regimes.
- April 24, 2013 Prof. Christopher S. Yoo (University of Pennsylvania Law School) - Title: Beyond Coase: Emerging Technologies and Property Theory
- March 14, 2013 Prof. Dr. Urs Schweizer (University of Bonn) - Title: Acquisition and Disclosure of Information as a Hold-up Problem
- February 28, 2013 Dr. Jens-Uwe Franck, LL.M. (Yale) / Patrick Andreoli-Versbach, M.Sc. (University of Munich/International Max Planck Research School for Competition and Innovation) - Title: Forensic Application of Econometric Evidence: Detecting tacit coordination in oligopolistic markets
- December 6, 2012 Prof. Dr. Tim Friehe (University of Bonn) - Title: "Crime and Status"
- November 15, 2012 Dr. Alexander Morell (Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, Bonn) - Title: "Sticky Rebates: Loyalty Rebates Impede Rational Switching of Consumers"
- October 18, 2012 (EW 151) Prof. Dr. Daniel Chen (ETH Zürich / Duke University School of Law) - Title: "The Deterrent Effect of the Death Penalty? Evidence from British Commutations During World War I"
- June 25, 2012.Professor Alan Schwartz (Yale Law School) - Title: "Long-Term Contracting with Private Information"