Für englischsprachige Lehre und Lehre zur Vermittlung von Schlüsselqualifikationen beschäftigt das Dekanat ein Team wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter, die Lehrveranstaltungen für die diversen juristischen Studiengänge der Abteilung anbieten:
Di 10–12 Uhr
Zimmer: W 219
Telefon: +49 621 181-1321
über Meta Geisbüsch
Meta Geisbüsch studied Law at Maastricht University and the University of Vienna (European and International Law). She also holds an LL.M. degree from Heidelberg University, for which she received a VSB Foundation scholarship.
Before joining the University of Mannheim as M.C.B.L. Program Coordinator and university teacher, Ms. Geisbüsch worked, among others, for the Dutch Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations in The Hague. She was a team member of the C2000 project (C2000 is the national telecommunications network used by the Netherlands’ public safety and security organizations). Her areas of interest include CFSP / CSDP and the external relations of the European Union.
über Martin Jarrett
- Solicitor and Barrister (New South Wales, Australien) (nicht aktiv)
- Bachelor of Arts (Univ. Newcastle, Australien)
- Bachelor of Laws (with first class honors) (Univ. Newcastle, Australien)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (College of Law, Sydney, Australien)
- Doktorand (Univ. Mannheim)
Beruflicher Werdegang als Anwalt
- Linklaters LLP, Frankfurt (2011 – 2012)
- Melchers Rechtsanwälte, Heidelberg (2012 – 2014)
Beruflicher Werdegang als Wissenschaftler
- Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter, Univ. Mannheim (seit 2012)
- ‘Contributory Fault in Foreign Investment Law’ in Behme et al., Versicherungsmechanismen im Recht (2016)
- ‘Legally Protecting Upstream Investments’ in 1 University of Eastern Finland Energy Law Review (2016)
- 'Optional Dispute Resolution Clauses and Conditional Arbitration Agreements’ in 9 Asian International Arbitration Journal (2014)
- Englisch Fachsprache – Wirtschaft und Recht (Introduction to Anglo-American Law)
- Internationales Vertragsrecht (International Contract Law)
- Internationales Investitionsrecht (International Investment Law)
- Kobe Univ., Japan (2016): ‘Intellectual Property Investments and the Locality Condition for Jurisdiction’.
- Univ. Luxembourg, Luxembourg (2015): ‘Causation, Expropriation, and Taxation’.
- Ludwig Maximilian Univ. Munich, Germany (2015): Contributory Fault in Foreign Investment Law’.
- Univ. Eastern Finland, Finland (2015): ‘Expropriation of Upstream Assets’.
Lehraufträge an ausländischen Universitäten
- Umeå Univ. (2013 – 2017)
- International Hellenic Univ. (2013)
- Univ. Budapest (2014 – 2015)
- Univ. Osijek (2014)
- Univ. Ankara (2014)
- Univ. Sassari (2015)
- Univ. C3 Madrid (2016 – 2017)
- Univ. Athens (2016)
- Univ. Swansea (2017)
- Univ. Sydney (July 2017 – August 2017)
über Marija Turkovic
Marija Turkovic joined the Department of Law of the University of Mannheim as a university teacher in 2016. She holds an LL.M. degree in European and International Law from the Europa Institut, Saarland University, Germany, as well as LL.B. and LL.M. degrees from the Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade, Serbia. Before joining the University of Mannheim, Ms. Turkovic was a research fellow at the Department of Civil Law, Economic Law and Intellectual Property of the University of Technology in Kaiserslautern. She was involved in a research project on the legal mechanisms for further promotion of clean technology development in the European Union. The project was supported by the German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU).
Ms. Turkovic’s principal teaching and doctoral research interests lie in the fields of energy law, environmental law, and the external relations of the European Union. She is the author of several research papers concerning environmental technology innovations and renewable energy policy development. Moreover, her research proposal on the particular issues of the Emissions Trading System of the European Union, which she wrote in cooperation with the Department of Economics, was awarded the University of Mannheim GESS Prize in 2017.
Zimmer: W 219
Telefon: +49 621 181-1321
über Raphael Oidtmann
Raphael joined the Department of Law of the University of Mannheim as a university teacher and research fellow in 2015. He completed master’s programs in politics (Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz), international and comparative law (University of Mannheim / University of Adelaide), and international relations (University of Cambridge).
Apart from serving in various capacities at the University of Mannheim, Raphael was also a research fellow at the Chair of Public Law, International and European Law, Media Law (Prof. Dörr) at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
His principal teaching and research interests lie in the fields of public international law, international criminal law, human rights, and the law of armed conflict as well as the interplay between international law and international relations. He has authored multiple publications in these areas, given various presentations at international conferences, and advised governments and NGOs. Raphael is an alumnus of the The Hague Academy of International Law and has held guest lectureships and appointments as a visiting scholar at universities in Australia, France, the United Kingdom, and the United States.