Today, engaging in further training is more important than ever. Of course, you can pursue a doctorate at the University of Mannheim.
- The legal foundation for a doctorate is established by the regulations and procedures governing the doctoral dissertation.
- You can find further information on dissertation-related matters on the websites of the respective chairs.
- The Graduate Program “Geld und Währung“ supports doctoral candidates before and during their doctoral studies.
- It is key for all prospective doctoral candidates – after in-depth reflection on what pursuing a doctoral degree entails – to submit an application for admission as a doctoral candidate.
- In order to begin the doctoral studies, an advising agreement (Betreuungsvereinbarung) must be signed between the doctoral candidate and his or her supervisor/
s. Under Downloads, you can find the corresponding form in German and English, as well as FAQs on the advising agreement.
If you have any general questions on pursuing a doctoral degree, do not hesitate to contact Elke Diers from the dean's office at the Department of Law.
- Aktuelle Promotionsordnung ( PDF , 346 KB )
- Ehemalige Promotionsordnung ( PDF , 326 KB )
- Musterantrag auf Annahme als Doktorand/
in ( PDF , 291 KB )
- Betreuungsvereinbarung deutsch ( PDF , 326 KB )
- FAQs zur Betreuungsvereinbarung ( PDF , 425 KB )
- Advising Agreement ( PDF , 431 KB )
- Informationsschreiben zur Immatrikulationspflicht ( PDF , 251 KB )
- Immatrikulationsantrag ( PDF , 149 KB )
Schloss Westflügel – Room W 218
Fax: +49 621 181-1318
Mon–Thu 09:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 01:30–04:00 p.m., Fri 09:00 a.m. – noon