Of course, you can pursue a doctorate at the University of Mannheim.
- The legal foundation for a doctorate is established by the regulations and procedures governing the doctoral dissertation.
- You can find further information on dissertation-related matters on the websites of the respective chairs.
- The Graduate Program “Geld und Währung“ supports doctoral candidates before and during their doctoral studies.
- It is key for all prospective doctoral candidates – after in-depth reflection on what pursuing a doctoral degree entails – no later than two weeks before the meeting of the Promotion Committee at the time of the meeting of the convent to submit an applicationfor admission as a doctoral candidate.
- In order to begin the doctoral studies, an advising agreement (Betreuungsvereinbarung) must be signed between the doctoral candidate and his or her supervisor/s. Under Downloads, you can find the corresponding form in German and English, as well as FAQs on the advising agreement.
If you have any general questions on pursuing a doctoral degree, do not hesitate to contact Elke Diers from the dean's office at the Department of Law.