University entrance qualification
Higher Education Entrance Qualification that enables you to access a university in Germany or another country
Four-year law degree (at least 240 ECTS credits or equivalent – work experience can be credited towards the required 240 ECTS credits if a notarized employer's reference is submitted) from a foreign university or a degree in a related discipline (e.g., business, economics, social and political sciences) if at least 20 ECTS credits or equivalent were obtained in law classes (or similar classes which prove the ability to study law)
Transcript of Records
Transcripts of previous and current studies
Proof of language proficiency
– TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 90; or
– IELTS with a minimum band score of 6.5; or
– an equivalent English language test; or
– a higher education entrance qualification acquired in an English-speaking country after at least one year of school there; or
– the successful completion of a program of study taught in English with a duration of at least one year
Before you start with your application for a master's degree course, please make sure to read the M.C.B.L. Module Guide carefully or contact us for personal requests via e-mail or in person. Detailed information regarding application and selection criteria can be found in the M.C.B.L. Selection statutes.
Please submit official documents which show that you are eligible (see the table above).
Furthermore, we kindly ask you to submit a letter of motivation (max. two pages) and your curriculum vitae (max. three pages). If the required documents are in a language other than German or English, please include a translation done by a certified translator.
Applicants holding a degree from a Chinese or Vietnamese university additionally require the original Certificate of the Academic Test Centre (APS-Zertifikat) of their home country. Contacts: the German Embassy in Beijing or the German Embassy in Hanoi.
Our application process is now completely digital.
You no longer have to send us documents via mail. You can provide all of your necessary documents by uploading them on the platform of the University of Mannheim.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
1. Tuition fee: EUR 8,500 (for the entire program)
2. Semester fee: all students studying at a higher education institution in Germany are required to pay a semester fee. The semester fee charged by the University of Mannheim is currently EUR 204,30. You need to pay this fee in order to be enrolled or re-registered for the next semester. The semester fee is made up of three separate contributions:
Administration fee: EUR 70
Studierendenwerk fee: EUR 120,30
Fee for the constituted student body: EUR 14
3. Additional costs: student health insurance (about EUR 100.00 per month in Germany) as well as other personal costs
Upon written request, which is to be submitted together with the application for the M.C.B.L. program, particularly qualified applicants and applicants who cannot pay the tuition fees due to financial hardship can be completely or partially exempted from paying the fees. In case you would like to apply for a fee waiver due to financial hardship, please make sure to submit any relevant documents which can prove your financial situation, e.g. your personal income, income of your parents.
The admissions committee decides on a case-by-case basis whether fee waivers are granted (in general, a fee waiver of 25% will be granted if qualifications are met). Because the decision is made by the admissions committee after submission of all applications, we cannot provide a definite answer regarding your eligibility for a fee waiver beforehand. For more information, please contact the M.C.B.L. program manager via e-mail at mcbl. uni-mannheim.de
Upon written request, which is to be submitted together with the application for the M.C.B.L. program, tuition fees can be paid in installments.
Go to alumni
Program Manager of the Master of Comparative Business Law
Schloss Westflügel – Raum W 219
Tel.: +49 621 181-1321
Anytime possible upon prior appointment per E-Mail to: mcbluni-mannheim.de